3rd Shift Welding Lathe Operator, $19.15/hr, Night Shift, Taylor MI
We are seeking a Welding Lathe Operator whose primary function is to set up and operate welding lathes and perform arc, MIG and TIG welding, burning. This is a temporary to hire position that offers the opportunity to grow with the company and offers full benefits on day one when hired on.
This company offers an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. They offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where they are located. They are the leading partner in the world of metals. They are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
Everyone employed at Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
- Work from a minimum of direction with some instructions from supervision
- Set up and operate welding lathes to weld steel or stainless steel on rolls, journals, etc.
- Monitor temperature of rolls and adjust heat if required
- Perform arc welding or burning as required
- Place roll in furnace, start and operate furnace and identify roll on heat chart
- Perform minor maintenance repairs on equipment
- Keep work area, tools, and equipment clean and orderly
- Utilize crane and material handling equipment
- Be a safety minded worker who is drug free, dependable, and able to maintain an excellent attendance record
- Education: High School/Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License Required
- Must be able to work the afternoon or evening shift and overtime
- Some experience working in Production, Metals, or Welding
- MIG, TIG, or ARC welding experience is highly preferred
- Good eye for detail
About the job:
- Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
APPLY TODAY or call 734-284-2121 to get the process started!!