Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Grand Rapids, MI 49512 US
- Repairing products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts
- Maintaining all welding equipment
- Performing finish grinding applications using manual and power tools
- Sets fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.) as required
- Knowledge of wire, filler materials and gasses applicable for various steel alloys
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year equivalent experience in various forms of welding, preferably in a production environment, and preferably a Trade of V-Tech degree in related field.
- Proficient in assigned MIG and TIG welding techniques.
- Has knowledge of wire and filler materials and gasses applicable for various alloys, working knowledge of fixturing, and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
- Successful completion of an internal welding test, and the ability to achieve certification to customer requirements as applicable.
- Ability to read blueprints, especially weld requirement symbols.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.