Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png https://www.workboxstaffing.com https://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 15 20 HOUR true
Grand Rapids, MI 49512 US
Posted: 05/10/2023 2023-05-10 2023-07-01 Industry: General Labor & Industrial Job Number: HW527244417 Pay Rate: $15-20 / hour
Welder (MIG/TIG) - Up to $20, 1st shift - Grand Rapids
Our client is a contract manufacturer specializing in tooling, production fabrication, coating and assembly for the construction, powersport, agricultural, and automotive industries. This company is looking to hire you in!
- Repairing products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts
- Maintaining all welding equipment
- Performing finish grinding applications using manual and power tools
- Sets fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.) as required
- Knowledge of wire, filler materials and gasses applicable for various steel alloys
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year equivalent experience in various forms of welding, preferably in a production environment, and preferably a Trade of V-Tech degree in related field.
- Proficient in assigned MIG and TIG welding techniques.
- Has knowledge of wire and filler materials and gasses applicable for various alloys, working knowledge of fixturing, and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
- Successful completion of an internal welding test, and the ability to achieve certification to customer requirements as applicable.
- Ability to read blueprints, especially weld requirement symbols.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
In this role you will be responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture products to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction. Primary responsibility is to MIG and TIG weld.
Let’s go to work! Apply online today or call our office at 616-242-9919!
Equal Opportunity Employer