Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png https://www.workboxstaffing.com https://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 21.5 22.5 HOUR true
Structural Steel Fabricator FITTER
Taylors, SC 29687 US
Posted: 05/26/2023 2023-05-26 2023-07-07 Industry: Welding Job Number: MF116614526 Pay Rate: $21.5-22.5 / hour
Structural Steel Fabricator FITTER, $21.50 to $22.50/hr.– Taylors, SC
Night Shift – Monday – Thursday 5:00PM – 4:00AM
May arrive up to 1 hour early and be paid for time of early arrival.
Considered late if 1 minute after required Start time.
Preferred Qualifications/Essential Duties:
- Safety – Achieve the goal of zero accidents by using all protective equipment assigned and operating in a safe manner per CMC Structural policies. Suggest ideas to improve safety. Report immediately all accidents and cooperate fully with all accident investigations.
- Quality- Produce fabricated pieces in lines with customers orders and detail drawings; and ensure that parts function/fit within specified parameters via testing and/or quality control checks before they are moved to the next operation.
- Schedule – Meet delivery dates promised to customers by performing operations on time and in an efficient manner.
- Efficiency – Minimize manufacturing costs by using time, materials, and equipment effectively. Suggests ways to reduce costs and optimize efficiency.
- Equipment – Maintain all tools, machines, and supplies in good, safe working order. Report any issues or discrepancies immediately.
- Three or more years of related activities, including layout and welding.
- Ability to read and interpret structural fabrication drawings.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Use of judgement to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequences of set-ups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
- Agrees with and subscribes to company values.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the associated technical disciplines, including welding, machine operation, material identification, etc.
- Self-starter – able to work alone and in groups to accomplish goals.
- Ability to interpret data to come to conclusions when all of the information is not available.
- High School Diploma or GED
Fabricates and assembles material for most types of finished assemblies per detail drawings, in a safe and efficient matter while maintaining high quality. Performs at a highly proficient and independent level in order to achieve the set goals for safety, quality, delivery, and cost. *This is a temp to permanent position*
Let’s go to work! Apply online today or call our office at 864-649-3331.
Equal Opportunity Employee