Slitter Operator, up to $24/hr - Shelby Twp, MI
Are you looking for a 2nd shift opportunity? Are you looking to get your foot in the door with a large steel company where you can experience exponential growth and wants you for the long haul? If so, your search is over!
- Must be able to identify different grades of steel
- Must be able to operate the slitter
- Assemble separator arms
- Identify problems or defects as steel is rewound on recoiler
- Remove coils from recoiler
- Apply OD bands to coils
- Document cut #, coil dimensions and heat # on each coil.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Slitter operator experience required
- Must be able to read blueprints, micrometers, calipers, etc.
A day in the life at this company for this position consists of showing up and working 3pm-11pm, Monday through Friday, but must be willing to work overtime as needed, sometimes being required to work until 1am or on a Saturday. In this position, you’d be responsible for operating the steel slitter. This is an awesome opportunity for someone looking to continue their career in the steel industry!
There is an opportunity to be hired in at this extremely busy local company!
Let’s go to work! Apply online today or call our office at 586-275-2986.
Workbox Staffing Benefits:
- Weekly Pay
- Hire-in Opportunities
- Benefits including Health, Life, and Dental
Veteran Friendly and Equal Opportunity Employer