Slitter Operator,$18.00/hr, Taylor MI
You ready to become a part of something special?!
Are you looking for a company that promotes from within, offers pay increases and offers benefits once hired in? Are you looking for a company that genuinely cares about you? If so, the search is over! This is a family owned and operated company that offers a very welcoming culture to candidates and a support system like no other. You become a part of the family when you begin working here. They are looking for hard workers that share their vision and want to have an impact on our world, along with having a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
• Set-up slitter for accurate slitting according to Work Orders
• Set-up for burr free slitting
• Monitor condition of blanks to detect work piece defects and ensure compliance with customer requirements and production instructions
• Setup skids on the parts conveyor to ensure no disruption of production
• Remove scrap and empty hoppers as needed
• Assist packager as needed to band material according to customer requirements
Here is what is needed to be successful:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to comply with safety rules and requirement
• Ability to regularly lift 30 lbs.
• Ability to read micrometer, caliper, and tape measurer
• Experience in steel warehousing
• Ability to operate a Forklift is preferred