Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Canton, MI 48188 US
Slitter Operator - 1st Shift - $18.15/hr– Canton, MI
Are you looking for a company that promotes from within, offers pay increases and offers benefits once hired in? Are you looking for a company that genuinely cares about you? If so, the search is over!
• Review work instructions to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
• Operate the Multi-Blanking machine to slit-to-width and cut-to-length based on customers specifications
• Monitor the condition of blanks to detect workpiece defects and ensure compliance with customer requirements and production instructions
• Setup skids on the parts conveyor to ensure no disruption of production
• Remove scrap and empty hoppers as needed
• Assist maintenance to troubleshoot malfunctions or complete preventative maintenance as necessary
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to comply with safety rules and requirements
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The Slitter Operator sets up, operates, and monitors slitter machines. This role is responsible for safely slitting large steel coils down to smaller coils in various dimensions according to customer standards. The Slitter Operator inspects product equipment, measures the dimensions of completed products, and ensures material is processed according to production instructions.
Let’s go to work! Apply online today at or call our office at (734) 217-4417.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran Friendly