Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png http://www.workboxstaffing.com http://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 16.00 HOUR true
Saw Operator /Material Cutter
Simpsonville, SC 29681 US
Posted: 03/10/2023 2023-03-10 2023-04-21 Industry: General Labor & Industrial Job Number: KB56491436 Pay Rate: 16.00
Material Cutter - $16.00/hr. - 1st Shift - Simpsonville, SC
- Selects saw blade according to type of cut specified on work order and safely attaches the blade to the saw.
- Positions guides on machine table according to specifications of cut, and turns knobs to set guides or bolts guides in place.
- Establishes cutting parameters to achieve maximum quality.
- Maintains a safe working area and follows established safe work practices.
- Measures cut material with ruler, tape measure, caliper or square to verify dimensions against specifications.
- Uses computer or bar code scanner to enter records, track material and control inventory.
- Pulls stock and restocks from/to storage locations, removes cut stock from machine and maintains production count.
- Performs preventative maintenance and other routine maintenance on equipment as needed or prescribed in work instructions.
- Ability to safely operate vertical band saws and upcut table saws
- Performs duties of general warehouse worker as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to measure material using devices such as calipers and tape measures.
A Material Cutter/Saw Operator Operates a variety of types of saws. This may include the use of vertical band saws and up cut table saws used to convert the material to the needed size. This is a temp- perm opportunity! The client intends to hire permanently.
Let’s go to work! Apply online today or call our office at 864-649-3331.
Equal Opportunity Employer