Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Shelby Twp, MI 48315 US
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Certificate or degree in welding is preferred;
- At least twelve months welding experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of an internal welding test
- Knowledge of welding equipment and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials application for various steel alloys and SS, aluminum, etc.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to use hand held measuring tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents like blueprints, welding symbols safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- GD&T Skills required
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and vendors.
- Ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job – including E2
- Ability to communicate in English to the extent necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs work safely, follows all safety rules, uses required PPE, reports all accidents and near accidents, and attends required safety training.
- Performs all functions involved in operation of robotic welder, including: programming, touch point, and operations corrections.
- Positions and secures work pieces using proper equipment.
- Performs basic MIG and TIG welding techniques as needed.
- Maintains company quality, efficiency, and productivity standards.
- Reads job specifications (e.g. blueprints, quality control plans and/or traveler notes) to determine type of welding and material requirements.
- Uses equipment and supplies to perform work in accordance with operational standards.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or traveler notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Production Supervisor.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- May perform other related duties or work at different workstations as production needs require.
- Weekly Pay
- Hire-in Opportunities
- Benefits including Health, Life, and Dental