Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png http://www.workboxstaffing.com http://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 24.50 HOUR true
Pontiac, MI 48342 US
Posted: 02/27/2023 2023-02-27 2023-04-24 Industry: General Labor & Industrial Job Number: ML178685122 Pay Rate: 24.50
Weld Technician, $22.50-$24.50/hr, Pontiac, MI
Are you looking to continue your career and to work with a company ready to invest in you?!
Workbox Staffing is hiring Weld Technicians for an automotive manufacturer in Pontiac, MI. Weld Technicians will provide production support by performing setup, troubleshooting and operations of automated welding cells within the production facility, as well as implementing best practices and proactively assess welding/robotic applications
- Machine cleaning
- Proficiency and understanding of the use of hand measurement tools
- Perform weld tip/cap changes and weld gun maintenance
- Perform change over process of stationary welders, change out cells, automated cells
- Perform preventative maintenance on fixtures and cells including proper lubrication of components
- Able to run Red Rabbit process and troubleshoot issues if a failure occurs (i.e., properly adjust sensors or switches)
- Basic understanding of weld fixture adjustment process
- Understanding of types/uses/replacement and setup of common sensors
- Basic welding technology troubleshooting (i.e., resistance spot welding applications, weld tip inspection, tip force, shunt cable inspection/replacement, etc.), GMAW component knowledge and troubleshooting (i.e., nozzle, tip, diffuser inspection, inspection/replacement of gooseneck, welding torch, etc.)
- Plex utilization (Documentation, locate parts and components in Plex directory, work orders, find set-up documentation, down time codes)
- Basic knowledge of dispense systems (i.e., changing barrels properly, visual inspection of system), replacement of nozzles, fittings or components)
- Nut feeder operational understanding and when needed adjustment (i.e., inspection for proper level of nuts, spear alignment, clearing a jam condition)
- Basic cell resets (i.e., Homing cell, robot, and tooling)
- Touching up of robotic programmed points within a program
- Ability to read and interpret job element sheets
- Ability to navigate teach pendant or flex pendant
- Ability to manually manipulate a robot or external axes
- Ability to use hand tools properly
- Use of hand measuring tools (volt meters, micrometers, calipers, tape measures)
- Ability to practice and follow Challenge’s safety policy and procedures
- Ability to locate and troubleshoot the root cause of issues
- Understanding of welding processes
- Ability to lift/move material weighing up to 50 pounds
All Workbox Staffing Employees receive access to a personalized career consultant, Healthcare Benefits, Disability Insurance, and advancement opportunities. This is a full time hire opportunity.
Let’s go to work! Apply online today at workboxstaffing.com or call or text our office at 248-724-0300!
Equal Opportunity Employer