Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Quality Engineer - Direct Hire Job
Grand Rapids, MI 49548 US
- Ensure all quality controls are being maintained on production floor (first piece approval, gauge control, shipping / receiving inspection, vendor inspection)
- Provide daily direction to the Quality Coordinator on daily and weekly responsibilities
- Communicate quality related activity effectively to levels of company (I/S, production staff, O/S, executive management team members)
- Resolve customer complaints and implement corrective and preventative measures
- Provide problem solving expertise to all team members in production, sales, vendors, and customers
- Develop strong working relationships with both vendors and customers
- Responsible to ensure all PPAPs and Tech Reviews are completed per customer expectations
- Ensure all Internal Audits are performed and completed
- Conduct a Management Review meeting at least once per year
- Ensure the successful completion of the annual ISO9001:9008 surveillance audit
- Provide leadership and guidance to production floor staff on basic quality tools (gauge R&R, problem solving internal and external quality issues, continuous improvement)
- Provide sales the technical quality support on new business development and program management
- Meet with customers to investigate and make recommendations for corrective action for quality related problems.
- Stays acquainted with production schedules and ensure that new orders are processed correctly.
- Assists with the first installation of new or significantly changed processes and/or tooling.
- Communicates with customer any problems or recommended changes in specifications.
- Assists, as required, when changes in specifications or procedures are first attempted at the production process level.
- Leads the APQP and product development activities.
- Assists in developing systems and controls to ensure a safe work environment and compliance with quality standards.
- Leads in continuous improvement process by demonstration of instrumental changes to ensure product/customer specifications are achieved and efficiencies during the production process.
- Will obtain working knowledge of our customer’s critical success factors to ensure that departmental processes and procedures are directed toward achieving these standards.
- Assists in coordination of the manufacturing of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Includes regular (daily) assignments, individual project assignments and participation on project teams created to study, prepare recommendations and implement solutions to various issues and problems.
- Provides engineering technical support as needed to improve quality of product.
- Helps drive the concept of "continuous improvement" and helps implement changes that improve the work environment, internal and external customer relations and services, as well as constantly seeking ways to reduce business costs without reducing quality of product or service.
- Participates in other team efforts or projects as assigned and performs other functions as directed.
- Maintain & update Quality Manual in addition to annual audits for continual accreditation for audit compliance.
- Preparation of PPAP’s as required.
- Customer and Supplier onsite audits for all three facilities.
- Education: B.S. Degree in Engineering: Industrial, Mechanical, Metallurgical or Engineering Technology or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Equipment: Computer, keyboard, mouse, 10-key, variety of software including Word, Excel, Outlook and SAP.
- Very detailed, organized and effectively communicates information to all levels of the organization using both written and verbal methods of communication
- Strong leadership skills and decisive decision making
- Expert knowledge of ISO9001:2008, continuous improvement tools and problem solving tools (5why, fishbone, 8D, cause and effect matrix)
- Able to read and understand blue prints, customer specifications, and material specifications
- Expert knowledge in all APQP tools (PPAP, Gauge R&R, SPC, Process Capability, PFMEA)