Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png https://www.workboxstaffing.com https://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 15 HOUR true
Detroit, MI 48211 US
Posted: 05/03/2023 2023-05-03 2023-07-07 Industry: General Labor & Industrial Job Number: RW91515153 Pay Rate: $15 / hour
Production Worker, $15/hr, Detroit MI
Are you experienced with hand tools and power tools? Are you looking for a new opportunity on a 1st shift? If so, the search is over! We are seeking a hardworking, reliable Entry-level Rough Carpenter to join a locally owned, growing company eager to invest in the right candidate. For this position you will be responsible for assisting the main crew with developing and assembling crates and packaging for capital equipment that is shipped from overseas. They are the largest export packaging company in the Midwest and have been safely shipping machinery and capital equipment around the world for 50 years!!
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and overtime/advancement opportunities.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Help assembly the crates and packaging for products that will be shipped around the world.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with hand tools. This can be in a home or work setting.
- Able to read a tape measure.
- Basic math skills that are used to read measurements.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems.
- Hard worker.
- Desire to grow with the company.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- They do not treat you like a number.
- They give raises and opportunities for advancement.
- Strong culture that truly cares about you.
- They will mold you into a skilled tradesman and help you develop skills that you can take with you for the rest of your life!
APPLY TODAY or call 734-284-2121 to get the process started!!