Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png https://www.workboxstaffing.com https://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 21 HOUR true
Orion Twp, MI 48359 US
Posted: 05/25/2023 2023-05-25 2023-07-01 Industry: General Labor & Industrial Job Number: JS740977524 Pay Rate: $21 / hour
Material Handler, $21/hr, Orion Twp, MI
Are you looking to continue your career and to work with a company ready to invest in you?!
Workbox Staffing is hiring Material Handlers in Orion Twp, MI. As a Material Handler you would be primarily responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material, supplies, equipment, and products within the warehouse. This person also pulls product for deliveries.
- Reads load lists, production schedule, customer or shipping instructions in order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifies load lists, and moves materials and items to storage, production, service, office or other designated areas
- Sorts and places warehouse materials or items on racks, shelves, pallets or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as location, order number, size, type, style, color, or product code
- Assembles customer orders from the stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, marking the material with identifying information
- Notifies manager or coworkers of shortages, discrepancies or anticipated needs
- Conducts Pella product quality audits in accordance with the quality inspection process
- Performs cycle counts to verify accuracy of inventory information; maintains inventory records
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers
- Uses computer to verify order information, such as expected receipt date, product type, color, or quantity
- Operates radio frequency scanners
- Drives/Operates material handling equipment (i.e. cherry picker, forklift, wheeled carts, etc.) upon certification
- Prepares parcels for mailing or third party delivery service
- Works in a way that prevents damage to product
- Meets company safety requirements by keeping work area neat and clean, following safety precautions and wearing required safety apparel (i.e. shoes, safety glasses, fall protection, etc.) and reporting any safety concerns to supervisor
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs
- Forklift/cherry picking experience preferred
All Workbox Staffing Employees receive access to a personalized career consultant, Healthcare Benefits, Disability Insurance, and advancement opportunities. This is a full time hire opportunity.
Let’s go to work! Apply online today at workboxstaffing.com or call or text our office at 248-724-0300!
Equal Opportunity Employer