Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png http://www.workboxstaffing.com http://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 30.00 HOUR true
Detroit, MI 48207 US
Posted: 12/05/2022 2022-12-05 2023-04-28 Industry: General Labor & Industrial Job Number: JF68416447 Pay Rate: 30.00
Maintenance Technician, $25-30/hr, All Shifts Available, Detroit MI
Are you looking for an AMAZING opportunity? Are you looking to work for a company that is eager to invest in you and does not require a bunch of heavy lifting and overly strenuous work? If so, your search is over!
We are seeking Maintenance Technicians for a metal finishing company based in Detroit. This person would be conducting all preventative maintenance on machines while helping to diagnose/repair/install machine throughout the plant. The ideal candidate will be able and willing to show up to work every day on time and be reliable. They do not ask much more of you, if you do that, they are willing to invest in you and your future!
This temporary to full time position offers overtime and advancement opportunities. Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on machines.
- Perform lockout/tagout as needed.
- Repair broken or stalled machines.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately fill out documentation on work orders.
- Cleaning and housekeeping of maintenance/job work area.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain quality work standards.
- Demonstrated ability to accept and control maintenance operations and communicate non-compliance problems to supervision for instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to follow work instruction.
- Complete all other assignments or transfers assigned by supervision.
- Above average mathematics skills.
- Reading and writing skills with ability to understand technical manuals and read prints.
- Demonstrated ability in areas of primary expertise: i.e., electrical and mechanical.
- Demonstrated ability to perform general maintenance in all areas.
- Willing to train on 1st or 3rd shifts.
- Able to stand for the duration of shift (8-10 hours).
- Can work with minimal supervision once fully trained.
About the Job:
- Hot/cold in the plant depending on the season.
- Loud and dirty environment (all PPE is provided).
- Pay increases as you prove yourself to management.
- Full benefits offered when hired on including but not limited to vacation time.
- Offered the option to join the union when hired which provides job security, benefits, and consistent pay increases.
- Great company culture!
- Chance to learn a skilled trade that you can take with you throughout life!
** APPLY TODAY or give us a call at 734-284-2121 to get the process started!!! **
Equal Opportunity Employer