Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Taylors, SC 29687 US
- 1 Takes charge of his as well as other employees’ safety.
- Maintains machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventative maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Installs equipment with the assistance of machine manufacturers or other resources.
- Rebuilds equipment as required.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of in-trade industrial skilled maintenance experience required.
- Must possess a strong focus on Safety and demonstrate prior safety knowledge.
- Previous experience with hydraulic systems preferred.
- Previous experience and training with overhead cranes preferred.
- Basic electrical knowledge preferred.
- Experience with welding, cutting, fabrication and equipment maintenance required.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and work under minimal supervision required.
- Must have good communication skills and basic math skills.
- Must possess experience working with power tools.
- Ability to multitask and manage time required.
- Ability to interact with coworkers and internal customers in a positive manner.
- Ability to follow directions and work rules and accept constructive feedback.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary outside of normal scheduled shift with little or no advance notification required, including weekends and holidays.
- Self-starter- able to work alone and in groups to accomplish goals.
- Ability to interpret data to come to conclusions when all of the information is not available.
- Safety – Our basic philosophy is to not take chances – “No amount of personal risk is worth any amount of production.”
- Quality- Focus on quality issue and errors and take lead for eliminating the root causes. Fix the problem – don’t’ just band aid.
- Communication – Interface with multiple resources including supervisors, equipment operators, and management.
- Coordinating with External Resources – Providing information to outside resources as necessary to accomplish goals.
- Agree with and exemplifies SC Stee’s Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, and Respect.