Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
LEAD CNC Machinist
Greer, SC 29650 US
- The Primary responsibilities of this position will be to program, set up and operate multi-spindle bar fed mill-turn CNC lathes to produce parts safely and within specification.
- Additional responsibilities include training and assisting other CNC operators as required allowing them to produce good parts.
- Will be able to program with M & G codes, fully set up, and operate the CNC machines.
- Should have a solid work ethic and possess a can-do attitude with an ability to teach and learn.
- This position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Load existing program, write or edit M & G codes to successfully produce parts
- Set up CNC lathe to run required parts
- Dry run part in single block mode to ensure the program is correct
- Produce first article inspection part and document dimensions for ISO
- Operate machines in a safe and efficient manner
- Produce parts in spec at expected efficiency levels
- Ensure part specifications are met utilizing micrometers, calipers, gauges and other measurement instruments
- Capture time on the job in the labor collection system for job costing
- Provide technical assistance and support for other CNC operators in the shop
- Train operators on programming, set up and Running of CNC lathes
- Ensure all oils, lubricants and coolant tanks are full
- Run warm up programs to warm up the machine when/where required
- Report any machine issues to maintenance for repair
- Strong shop math skills
- Good Problem solving skills
- Ability for function independently
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to stand, walk and stoop