Industrial Sewer, $15/hr, Day Shift, Taylor MI
There is a family-owned company in Taylor, MI that is looking to bring on help! Are you trying to join a fast-paced, highly competitive, and motivating team? Then this is the job for you! It consists of highly competitive pay in an atmosphere that rewards productivity! This awesome team of managers are looking to bring people on PERMANENTLY that are honest, hardworking, competitive, and motivated! This is a great chance to grow alongside a team of great leaders that CARE about their employees. Every temporary worker is treated as their own!
This is a stand on your feet job. These are positions using your hands. No heavy lifting. No walking all day. And while they are a laid-back group of leaders here, you have to work all of your shift. Employees can listen to their music in one ear as they work. You will have to work overtime on many occasions, but the trade-off on the above expectations is that they have never laid off an employee. Not during the downturn of 2008 and not during the pandemic. Never. They are here every week and continue to grow. This is a job for people who want to stop looking for a job.
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance and advancement opportunities.
Responsible for making, repairing, and replacing upholstery for various vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make, repair, or replace automotive trim and upholstery, including carpets, seats, roof, and door lining and interior trim.
- Prepare fabrics or materials for processing or production.
- Operate industrial sewing machines to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material; single and double needle.
- Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames using hand tools, power tools, and glue
- Must be flexible to be cross-trained in other departments as needed.
- Minimum of 1 year in the trim industry but preferably 3+ years
- Automotive experience highly preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must enjoy working on automotive upholstery
- Ability follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to use measuring instruments
APPLY TODAY or call 734-284-2121 to get started!!