1st Shift -Crate Assembler/Crate Builder – Savannah, GA
The Crate Assembler/Crater builds crates for shipping of subcomponents and completed machines according to specifications. This position requires someone who is comfortable working with wood, constructing and assembling, to create boxes of various sizes to house large machinery parts. Candidates who can use tape measures, saws, and nail guns to confidently assemble the large wood boxes are ideal candidates. The best applicants are safety / quality /productivity minded, have a positive attitude and are commitment to punctuality and attendance.
Workbox Staffing is hiring Crate Assembler/Crate Builder in Savannah.
All Workbox Staffing Employees receive access to a personalized career consultant, Healthcare Benefits, Disability Insurance, and advancement opportunities. *Temporary – Permanent Position*
- Ability to read instruction sheets, drawings, specifications, and other paperwork describing job; interprets when required.
- Ability to use table saw, radial arm saw, panel saw, hand skill saw, pneumatic staple and nail guns, hand tools - drills, hammer, wrench, and screwdriver (air, electrical and manual), overhead crane, forklift and measuring instruments to assemble crates.
- Ability to assemble crates out of plywood, studs and or cardboard.
- Ability to calculate size of crate needed using specifications and builds accordingly.
- Ability to inspects each crate to verify quality then confirms with manufacturing finished goods and shipping teams to ensure crates are satisfactorily built for shipping needs.
- Ability to perform other tasks in other departments as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to report labor accurately each day.
- Ability to clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge and experience using power tools in accordance with safety guidelines
- Capacity to stay focused on tasks and meet deadlines
- Able to hear, read and comprehend verbal and written instructions or short correspondence.
- Comfortable with sharing information in one-on-one or small group situations to employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in typically used units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Prior experience gained working in a carpenter, woodworker, or construction position
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds assisted using chains, hoists, lifts or forklift or other team members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
Let’s go to work! Apply online today or call our office at (912) 544-1702.
Equal Opportunity Employer