Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png https://www.workboxstaffing.com https://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 17 25 HOUR true
Converting Machine Operator
Piedmont, SC 29673 US
Posted: 05/04/2023 2023-05-04 2023-07-02 Industry: General Labor & Industrial Job Number: MF686050427 Pay Rate: $17-25 / hour
Converting Machine Operator, $17.00-$25.00/hr. – 2nd Shift – Piedmont, SC
4PM – 12AM Monday thru Friday
Are you looking for a stable work environment where safety is a top priority? Do you need a consistent and reliable work schedule? Come join this company’s work family! They’d love to see you become part of the company! Work with a company who employs a team of dedicated, motivated, and highly trained individuals while working with state-of-the-art equipment and uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and efficiency.
- 3+ years of previous machine operation or technician experience in a similar environment is required.
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Previous experience with rewinders or slitting preferred.
- Prior experience in rod coating operations or wide printing presses preferred.
- Previous machine operation experience in a paper converting environment preferred.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment which is hot in the summer months and comfortable during cooler weather.
- Must be team-oriented and can lead and direct a team.
- Must be able to lift between 50 to 75 lbs., repetitively without any assistance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push, pull, squat, reach overhead, twist and bend regularly to complete job tasks.
- Must be mathematically inclined and know how to convert fractions and measurements.
- Must be able to achieve production output in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude is required.
- Operate equipment and machines within established guidelines to ensure product meets quality standards; maintain awareness of product quality and adjust process within specifications to attain high quality output.
- Inspecting machine and checking items produced for proper quality specifications.
- Organizing process area to increase production, reduce safety risks and improve efficiency.
- Working with maintenance to improve machine reliability.
- Load and Unload web fed paper rolls.
- Learn material paper grades.
- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
- Adjust and maintain coater operations.
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be coated, stock specifications colors, or special coating instructions.
- Monitor paper feed through press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
- Input production job settings into workstation terminals that control automated coating/printing systems.
- Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size.
- Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error, or alert messages.
- Verify that paper and coating meet the specifications for a given job.
- Maintain time or production records.
- Operate in a safe and productive manner.
As a Converting Machine Operator, you will be responsible for setting up, operating, and maintaining machinery used in the manufacturing of various paper products. This may include adjusting machine settings, monitoring the production process, and performing quality control checks to ensure that products meet established specifications. The operator must be able to troubleshoot machinery and perform routine maintenance tasks to ensure optimal machine performance. Additionally, a converting machine operator will be responsible for maintaining production records, communicating with other team members, and following all safety protocols and procedures. Strong mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment is required for this position.
*This is a temp-perm position. The company wants to hire on permanently*
Other perks once hired on include:
• Monthly Safety Raffle - $400 Cash Prizes
• Employee Recognition Events (Catered Lunches, Food Trucks, etc.)
• Weekly Awards for Safety Participation/Awareness
• Referral Bonuses (up to $300 per referral – no cap!)
• No rotating schedules or lack of hours – WEEKENDS OFF!
Let’s go to work! Apply online today or call our office at 864-649-3331.
Equal Opportunity Employer