Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
CNC LATHE Machinist
Greer, SC 29650 US
- Program CNC machine tools to produce conforming parts using established programming conventions
- Set up CNC machine tools loading all required tooling per the programming to produce conforming parts.
- Run CNC machine tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Review Manufacturing order and print for accuracy.
- Pull required bar stock from the racks to machine the specified part.
- Fill out a first Article inspection sheet for each part run documenting all required dimensions for the part.
- Periodically check parts during the run cycle to insure conformance to all required dimensions on the drawing. Make any
- required offsets to ensure part is within specifications.
- Maintain the CNC machine tool adding required oils and coolant, when necessary, prior to operation.
- Warm up the machine if necessary.
- Clock in on the Epicor ERP system to capture labor hours, quantities produced and any non-conformances or scrap.
- Strive to find new or more efficient ways to perform daily activities.
- Report any machine issues to the Maintenance department for repair.
- If applicable, coordinate with off shift operators communicating important details regarding the status of machines and
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Preferably 5 or more years’ experience if required more than entry level pay
- Ability to setup and run CNC Equipment and inspect parts for conformance to print 80% of the time
- Ability to 3-5% of the time program CNC equipment, complete first article of inspection sheet, record labor and production quantities in the computer system, check parts for conformance to specification, and pull the correct bar stock
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to program CNC Machine tools using G & M code programming language
- Skilled in Shop Math
- Good Mechanical Skills
- Computer skills for recording labor, production quantities, and first article inspection sheets.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.