Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Southfield, MI 48033 US
- Order, stock and inventory parts and supplies as directed by the Property/Engineering Manager or Lead Engineer
- Induce water treatment chemicals at proper amounts and times in heating and cooling systems. Perform chemical analysis tests as set forth by the supervisor, reporting any abnormalities and substandard results.
- Complete daily equipment logs and perform visual inspections of all building mechanical and life safety equipment to ensure normal operation.
- Respond to, prioritize and complete assigned work orders and PM’s via the CMMS work order tracking system.
- Work independently on your own shift to operate, maintain, and repair (except when specific maintenance and repairs are performed by contractors) all electrical, mechanical, HVAC, Fire Life Safety and MEP equipment as outlined by Management
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on electrical equipment and perform installations.
- Maintain, operate, and repair heating, cooling & ventilation systems.
- Maintain and repair plumbing systems
- Maintain and repair architectural systems and finishes
- Properly record and maintain: Meter readings; service request records; payroll time cards; parts & material forms; mechanical room & equipment inspection logs; preventive maintenance forms.
- Maintain, without flaw or exception, plant logs and files, where appropriate, included but not limited to: (Engine room machine logs; chemical usage logs; non company /contractor personnel logs; operating engineer logs; fire & life safety records)
- Repair and maintenance of other building equipment including but not limited to doors, walls, ceilings, light fixtures , plumbing fixtures , roofs, locks and keys.
- Must have minimum of 5 years building engineering experience commensurate with position being filled (i.e. high rise building, low rise,).
- A city of Detroit High Pressure Boiler Operator’s License is preferred but not required.
- A city of Detroit 1st Class Refrigeration Operator License is preferred but not required.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification is preferred but not required.
- Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while at the property and maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Ability to utilize full manual dexterity (i.e. sitting, squatting, bending, crawling, kneeling, lifting, walking, manipulating tools with limbs extended).
- Intermediate working knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical control devices and BAS systems.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, i.e., socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.
- Knowledge of power tools (pneumatic, electric, or engine drive) drill motors, saws, grinder, impact wrenches, and drain cleaner, etc.
- Ability to read and use shop manuals and drawings.
- Ability to read steam, gas, water, and electric utility meters.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and have knowledge of CMMS software such as Work Speed.
- Ability to safely install and operate rigging and lifting devices.
- Weekly Pay
- Hire-in Opportunities
- Benefits including Health, Life, and Dental