Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Workbox Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61057/logos/wbx-logo-square-200x200.png https://www.workboxstaffing.com https://www.workboxstaffing.com USD 18 HOUR true
Grand Rapids, MI 49505 US
Posted: 04/24/2023 2023-04-24 2023-07-07 Industry: Shift Preference Job Number: VH109155424 Pay Rate: $18 / hour
1st shift – Automatics Technician , $18/hr – Grand Rapids, MI
Want to work for a company that’s expertise has been recognized for decades?!
Workbox Staffing is hiring Screw Machine Operators in Grand Rapids.
This company provides produces fabricated metal products for a variety of uses!
- Can make simple changeovers for machines. Able to adjust cams, gears, pushers, collets, threading spindles, brakes, and other standard tooling.
- Able to operate the Acme or Davenport equipment in a safe and effective manner within the estimated time.
- Measure and monitor parts using appropriate instruments to meet all quality standards (conformance)
- Meet production rates (employee efficiency)
- Recognize changes and ask questions accordingly
- Cross train when provided the opportunity and perform any other task assigned including the operation of equipment.
- Loads stock into feeding mechanism, replaces worn tools, may operate surface grinder to sharpen tools and may use statistical process control techniques
- 5-7 years of experience setting up Acmes or Davenports
- Preferable, but not required: high school diploma or equivalent
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong commitment to doing quality work
- Willingness to learn and then apply
- Basic computer skills are required
- Supports all company goals and demonstrates initiative
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, shipping/receiving orders, and implement appropriate action.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be computer literate (Proficiency is a plus)
As a Technician, you will be safely setting up and operating automatic (Acme / Davenport) equipment. You will be required to set up machines, equal to or below the estimated time that manufactures parts at the required production rate. You will be inspecting parts, using a variety of measuring techniques, to support the conformance requirements.
Let’s go to work! Apply online today or call our office at 616.242.9919!
Equal Opportunity Employer