newago, MI 49337
We are seeking a hardworking reliable Welder to join a locally owned, growing company eager to invest in the right candidate. In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn how the critical role of the Welder performs to ensure that production at this growing company stays on schedule.
This temporary to hire in position offers overtime and advancement opportunities. Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (MR' s) AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS (PS' s)
- MR1. Responsible for planning, determining-selecting appropriate welding procedures and techniques for performing welding ranging from standard to specialized and involved, using arc or gas methods (or combinations) to weld diversified work.
- PS #1. Accurately selects type of welding equipment and consumable rod or wire required to conform to the metal characteristics of the components to be welded.
- PS #2. Accurately determines material setups, welding positions and the specifications involved.
- PS #3. Correctly and routinely sets up welding equipment required, clamps material to be welded to dimensional requirements.
- PS #4. Typically determines most appropriate gas (with proper regulation) and orifice to obtain proper welds and maximum strength.
- PS #5. Determines various techniques and procedures appropriate to the types of welding to be performed.
- PS #6. Uses correct techniques to minimize distortion and warpage and provide welds of required strength and required appearance.
- PS #7. Typically makes use of proper measurement devices necessary to maintain required accuracy.
- PS #8. Works with an understanding of Department and Plant requirements.
- PS #9. Routinely practices safety necessary for himself and all other employees.
- PS #10. Cleans products before welding, cleans products after welding, prior to delivery to next work-center/Department.
- PS #11. Uses the tools and skills of continuous quality improvement (i.E. Measurement, corrective action).
- PS #12 Able to lift 50 pounds
JOB ORDER # 169962