Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Welder, Pay DOE -Grand Rapids, MI
Job Summary: Employee will fabricate customer orders, following drawings and blueprints, primarily doing MIG welding on primarily aluminum and also using saws, shears, sanders, and other tools needed to create custom signs and cabinets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Welder position:
- Weld/fabricate custom signs, cabinets, or parts to a sign.
- Follow written and verbal instructions to complete orders in an accurate and timely manner
- Wear all required personal protection. (as needed for welding)
- Use other tools as needed to complete custom fabrication.
Job Requirements of Welder position:
- Ability to MIG weld on aluminum. TIG welding would be a plus.
- Ability to read drawings/blueprints.
- Ability to work a physical position lifting up to 30 pounds.
Qualifications for Welder position:
- The ability to do MIG welding on aluminum. Possibly some TIG welding.
- The ability to operate saws, shears, sanders, hand tools, and other tools used in sign fabrication.
- Hand/eye coordination and strong attention to detail.