Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Workbox Staffing is hiring a Welder for a client here in Fort Wayne. The welder will be required to cut and join metals and other materials as well as operate the appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. This important job is critical as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. A steady hand and great attention to detail is crucial. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
All Workbox Staffing Employees receive access to a personalized career consultant, Healthcare Benefits, Disability Insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Other essential duties and requirements are as follows:
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. And clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal on overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
-Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
Qualified candidates should apply online at jobs.Workboxstaffing.Com or call our Fort Wayne office direct at 260-740-3080 to schedule an immediate interview.
Job Id #192793