Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Welder/Fabricator, 2ndShift, $14/hr - $18/hr, Grand Rapids, MI
A local Grand Rapids steel manufacturer is actively seeking experienced Welder/Fabricators for 2nd Shift Tuesday - Saturday from 5:00 pm - 3:00 am ) and OT as needed. They are currently working 10 hour days and average 45 - 61 hours per week. Must have solid welding foundation and reading blueprints is extremely helpful. Must know how to read a tape measure! The role will be required to perform quality checks of finished product and perform any and all physical requirements to lift and move inventory around the warehouse. A lift test will be administered! Must be able to routinely lift 50 lbs! The working environment is Loud, Dirty, is not temperature controlled and very fast paced. The work with very large steel beams and you MUST be aware of your surroundings (NO EARBUDS/MUSIC ALLOWED FOR YOUR SAFETY!). Must provide own welding hood and steel toe boots with metatarsal protection (company can provide metatarsal cover, not boots, if needed).
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Functions and Requirements:
- MUST have prior Welding experience (at least 1 year is preferred)
- Strongly prefer experience with MIG/TIG/Flux on Mild Steel, Stainless, Aluminum - greater pay is available to candidates with more skill
- Prefer blueprint reading knowledge
- MUST be able to read a tape measure
- MUST be able to lift 50 lbs routinely - will take a lift test
- Strong communication skills
Job Order #: 144691