Production Welder, $18.50+/hr DOE, Warren
Workbox Staffing is seeking the ideal candidate to fill a Second Shift Production Team Welder position. The Production Team Welder will be responsible for fitting and welding of steel and aluminum using a MIG and/or TIG process, and work on special projects as required. This person reports directly to the Plant Manager, and is a member of the Production department.
Everyone employed by Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
• Familiar with welding documentation such as WPS, PQR, WPQR.
• Able to locate and understand shielding gas, filler metal, and base material certifications
• Experienced in welding to AWS D1.1 Structural Steel and AWS D1.2
Structural Aluminum standards
• Proficient with GMAW (MIG) using solid wire and metal core (FCAW experience is useful)
• Capable of performing fillet welds in the flat and horizontal positions, fixed and rotated
• Consistently produces structurally sound, aesthetically pleasing welds in a fast-paced production environment
• Performs in-process quality inspections of own work and executes high- quality repairs quickly
• Takes full ownership of a welding machine and adheres to a daily/weekly
• Maintains a clean and organized work area in accordance with 6S principles and company policy
• Utilizes thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torch or plasma-arc equipment to fabricate parts
• Fills cavities or corrects malformation in parts and hammers out bulges and bends in metal workpieces
Functions & Requirements:
-Be safety conscious
-Able to pass a practical weld test
-Able to lift up to 75 lbs
Start your application online at jobs.workboxstaffing.com or call our office direct at 586-275-2986.