Reed City, MI 49677
Tool Technician, $12.00/hour - Reed City, MI
Job Summary: A locally owned company in Reed City who is a utility specific distributor and provides protective equipment testing, tool repair, and technical services consulting to customers around the world is looking for a qualified candidate to fill aTool Technician position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Tool Technician position:
- Assist in handling materials, tools, supplies, and test equipment.
- Repair of mechanical and hydraulic tools.
- Assembly and repair of mechanical grounds.
- Able to read prints and schematics.
- Testing of hot line tools and grounds in facility and/or in the field at customer s site.
- Adhere to all current ASTM, ANSI and other applicable testing standards.
- Assist with Tool Inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for cash or company credit card and submits timely expense reports.
- Adhere to all safety regulations in the facility and during transit of testing equipment
- Performs any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified, unusual or duty that may assign from time to time.
Job Requirements of Tool Technician position:
- Assigned task are completed in a timely manner.
- Inventory counts and deliveries at the locations served are completed at a satisfactory level.
- Ensure your availability to response to Storm or Emergency work that may occur from time to time for proper support of customer s needs.
- All safety regulations are adhered to
- Overall Satisfaction of the Production Supervisor, associated Account Manager(s), and customers.
Qualifications for Tool Technician position:
- High School diploma Required
- 1-2 years Mechanical and/or Hydraulic Repairs Required.
- Chauffer s license is required with DOT Medical Card.
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to use electronic warehousing equipment including scanners and inventory systems
- Detail oriented
- Able to operate test equipment in the tool division and in the field.
- sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and use of hands and arms
to operate office and field equipment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to remain in a seated position for extended periods of time.- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
**This person will work a portion of the time in the tool division/warehouse which is climate controlled indoors but could face extreme warm or cold conditions outside. This person will be required to travel periodically and will be required to use good judgment as it pertains to speed or overall abandonment of a particular route.
Job Order #: 128751