Tool Room Manager
VanBuren Twp., MI 48111
Tool Room Manager, $90,000 - $100,000/year - Belleville, Michigan
The qualified candidate will be responsible to develop and maintain an effective department through the selection, training, compensation and motivation of all tool room personnel. Must have availability for all Tool Makers, Die Repair Personnel, and/or Press Room employees. He/She will perform annual reviews for Tool Room Personnel and maintain a high standard of quality and be flexible to work all shifts. Will be in charge of maintaining compliance with company policies, health and safety issues, procedures and programs. Other duties include:
- Participation in Die Design Standards reviews.
- Participate in APQP process for new programs.
- Ability and experience working with stamping dies (progressive, transfer, compound and blanking tooling).
- Monitor new build and existing tooling modifications for timely completion.
- Establish and maintain an effective die repair program by supervising, assisting, and monitoring the repair and revision of existing tooling.
Functions and Requirements:
- Maintain Journeyman Tool and Die Maker education, equivalent work experience and at least 5-10 years of experience in metal stamping - die, tool, troubleshooting etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with progressive and transfer dies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience trouble shooting dies in presses.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a metal stamping manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong math, engineering, blueprint and computer aided design skills required, as well as the ability to define problems, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent team building and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of quality control and statistical process control.
- Experience working with overhead cranes and lift trucks to transport dies in and out of tool room, separate and flip over tools to be serviced.
- Extensive knowledge operating conventional equipment to include surface grinder, lathe, mill, drill, spotting both on bench and in press.
Client company offers excellent benefits including medical and dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401(k), and Tuition Reimbursement. Vacation is negotiable for this position.
Job Order # : 144754