Summerville, SC 29483
Position Summary: The Welder has primary responsibility is tig welding of aluminum boat parts. Each job must be run with safety, accuracy and timeliness in the welding area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Tig welding, including the following:
- Create quality welds according to blueprints (weld symbols).
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting aluminum parts.
- Change wire, welding, as needed.
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Ensure all equipment is properly set-up and used in a safe manner and that all safety devices are in use.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required.
- Perform simple maintenance and repair as required.
- 40 hours guaranteed weekly, Friday overtime based on skill/need.
- 6 paid holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years)
- 40 hours paid vacation after 1 year of employment
- Full benefits after 90 days employment (health, vision, dental)
- 401k plan after 1 year employment
We work 4-10s: Monday-Thursday 6AM-4: 30PM. Fridays depend on need. We need experienced aluminum TIG welders.
Other perks include a breakroom with snack + drink machine and a fully AC controlled work space. Employees also get 2 15 minute breaks (at 9AM and 2: 30PM) and a 30 minute lunch break at 12.
Job Order ID - 198914