Tig Welder, $19-23/hr DOE, Shelby Twp
Are you looking for a 1st shift opportunity? Are you looking for a long term, career position with a company that wants you for the long haul? If so, your search is over! We are seeking a hardworking and reliable tig welder for a cutting-edge metal fabricating company in Shelby Township is seeking a TIG Welder with a strong background in thin gauge stainless steel & aluminum TIG welding (0.048 up to .120 stainless). Significant experience with thinner gauges is a plus. Work process includes lay out, aligning and fitting components together prior to welding. Other metal fabrication duties may be required as assigned.
Much of the work is custom with precision tolerances and requires a thinking fabricator / fitter. This position is NOT for production welders. We manufacture Food Grade products that require a nice clean bead.
First shift with overtime and competitive wage. Candidate must be available to work Saturday hours, when needed.
Everyone employed by Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
• High school diploma
• minimum of three years (on the job) TIG welding work experience
• have the ability to work to the technical specifications of the customer
• mathematical skills required including fractions and conversion to decimals
• must have the ability to read a tape measure and read and understand blueprints, sketches or product specifications to determine correct sequence and methods of fabricating and welding
• must be a fast, thorough & accurate fitter
• possess strong attention to detail
• seek a strong team player with high energy who can work with minimal supervision • must be available for overtime including Saturday hours - 40-55 hrs/week
• must be willing to perform other fabrication operations as needed
• other welding techniques are an advantage
Start your application online at jobs.workboxstaffing.com or call our office direct at 586-275-2986.