Rockford, MI 49341
We are seeking a hardworking reliable Supervisor to join a locally owned, growing company eager to invest in the right candidate. In this position you will have the opportunity to learn how the critical role of the Supervisor performs to ensure that production at this growing company stays on schedule.
This temporary to hire in position offers overtime and advancement opportunities. Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Job Summary: Responsible for production manufacturing and supervision of all inclusive staff members for plastic injection company
- Develop operator skills, ensure compliance to company policies and hold associates accountable for their responsibilities.
- Directly responsible for coordinating mold setting and verifying processes.
- Monitor, adjust and make recommendations on process variables including machine characteristics, product quality, conditions and operator methods.
- Optimize operation capability and consistency (minimize downtime and scrap).
- Documentation as required.
- Process Start-Up and Troubleshooting.
- Tracking process to ensure that all of the variables are in control.
- Other duties as specified by the Production Manager
- Maintenance duties as required.
- Employee safety and evaluation
- Demonstrates an unbiased towards machine scheduling. Rotating all Operators when applicable.
- Ability to delegate and assign tasks
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Must have own tools as necessary
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and retain all Processing and Procedures
- Overtime as required
- Report on-time and have an excellent attendance record
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs to shoulder height
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Should have working knowledge of the following):
- Tool and molding operation
- Must be able to work with and understand machine controls.
- Good communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Self-Motivated and Self Directed
- Possess some knowledge and willingness to become familiar with QMS requirements
- Capable of working in controlled chemical environments
- Ability and willingness to understand what process parameters are affecting the quality of the part. Able to determine between resin, equipment and process problems.
To make decisions concerning their department. To discipline employees as seen adequate and necessary. To stop the process if affecting Quality or Safety
Minimal Training: Hi-Lo Training, Grinder/Hopper Cleanliness Training, Lock-out Tag-out Training, Crane Operator Training, Machine Set-Up Training.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
JOB ORDER # 179626