Brighton, MI 48116
Shipping Coordinator, $16/hr, 1st Shift, Brighton, MI
A local Brighton company that designs and manufactures nickel-based extruded powder alloy for military and commercial turbine applications is actively seeking a Shipping Coordinator to work on 1st Shift. The 3rd Shift will be from 11:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday - Friday with plenty of OT. Weekend OT will occur as needed and some early morning starts may be required to get shipments out on time. So flexibility is a MUST! The Shipping Coordinator will provide ongoing plant support to drive shipping/receiving obligations. This is a fast paced role that is responsible for shipping activities including staging parts, loading trucks and working through packing slips and shipping orders. Responsibilities and duties of the job include but are not limited to:
- Work with area management to determine daily/weekly priorities to drive shipping dock schedule.
- Develop daily an accurate schedule including forward looking ship plans to level load the shipping dock.
- Drive the shipping dock schedule from both identified priorities to insure on-time delivery.
- Handle all paperwork and Quality standards as appropriate.
- Identifying new opportunities to impact business and operation goals positively.
- Manufacturing directs and coordinates plant operations based policies, objectives, and programs spanning manufacturing functions.
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Functions and Requirements:
- 1 + years of experience is a Shipping Coordinator or related role
- Prior experience running/operating a Shipping Department
- Prior Manufacturing shop floor experience
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a strong leader
- Schedule flexibility to meet the demands of the job
Job Order #: 144533