Austin, TX 78728
Job Summary: The Sanitation Housekeeper is responsible for supporting, executing, and/or maintaining food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. The position ensures that sanitation efforts towards facility cleanliness, product quality and food safety standards are met.
Essential Duties and Requirements of Sanitation Housekeeper:
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of common areas, office space, and R&D kitchen.
- Responsible for opening/closing the smock room to administer smocks to production personnel.
- Follows all good housekeeping practices, sanitation SSOPs and adheres to any USDA guidelines for food/sanitation/storage.
- Provides restocking of production sanitary gloves at various stations in production and refilling of hand sanitizer in respective plastic bins on the line.
- Cleans restrooms, offices, R&D Kitchen, break room and smock room. Includes sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, sanitizing surfaces, washing window and seals.
- Must insure that GMPs, PPE and Safety regulations are followed always.
- Ensure product/ trash on the floor is squeegee/scooped and placed in appropriate disposal bin.
- It is essential the Housekeeper avoids placing food products/ gloves, wraps and any other article down the drains/ commodes.
- Ensure that equipment is properly disassembled /assembled for cleaning. Ensure all parts remain with the equipment and stored properly.
- Replaces paper towels and toilet tissue in proper dispensers in restroom, break-room, and R&D Kitchen.
- Will stock supplies to production line on gloves, sanitizer stations, and paper towels.
- Ensure all documentation is properly filled out for Good Housekeeping practices/log
- Able to follow and perform lock out tag out procedures.
- Able to follow GMPs. And adhere to USDA guidelines for food/sanitary guidelines
- Assist as directed in the cleaning process as directed by supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by lead or supervisor.
- Must report to work station properly dressed in correct PPE on time.
- Exit criteria are met for trainee when all requirements have been met and verified
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Understands that during cleaning the equipment has moving parts and must ensure safety and quality always comes first.
- Does not stick/place any parts of the body into any moving part of the equipment.
- Also ensures, since cleaning in office and common areas that proper signs to be displayed for wet floors.
- Must adhere to proper operating sanitation procedures for the equipment.
- Must understand that chemicals are being used to clean/sanitize, the proper use and storage of chemicals and PPE involved.
- Must be able to communicate; Benefit if Read and write English (Bilingual Preferred)
- Stand, reach and (climb steps/stairs occasionally); Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Works well with others
- Can meet required demands on work/quality to support production line and areas.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Understands and can demonstrate workable knowledge of chemical usage/cleaning in their respective area of responsibility as housekeeper to role.
- Evaluation of performance is to take place within first 120 hours of beginning job.
Job Order#: 125766