S/R Assistant, $15/hr, Howell, MI
Are you looking for a 1st shift opportunity? Are you looking to work for a company that wants to invest in you and for you to make a career with them for the long term? If so, your search is over! The Shipping and Receiving Assistant is responsible for coordinating with both the production and procurement teams to fulfill and process orders, accept incoming shipments, and oversee the general organization of the warehouse. The employee will also aid in production functions as needed depending on the seasonality. This individual will have tasks spread among Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse Organization, Material Handling / Staging and Production functions.
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Your Primary Responsibilities
Unload Trucks / Verify delivery against packing slip. Inspect and document damage.
- Load trucks and verifying the final count as required / Process shipping documents with drivers as needed.
- Receive deliveries into the ERP system and submit to office same day as delivery.
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Complete “Weekly Physical Inventory” report.
- Issue, collect and submit weekly discard reports.
- Conduct regular cycle counts and troubleshoot count issues while taking a prominent role in all wall to wall inventories.
- Store materials in proper locations, organized and stored neatly in a manner that facilitates FIFO. Label each pallet accordingly.
- Maintain inventory in the cabinets located in each room. Follow 5S charts posted on each cabinet.
- Submit min-max “Re-order” cards, add new min-max cards, and edit existing cards, as required.
- Operates forklift and standup hi-lo and floor scrubber when necessary.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Keep dock clean including floors, trash cans, pallet storage and receiving desk area.
- Dispose of cardboard by recycling- daily/weekly baling
- Wrapping and labeling shipping pallets
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Your Secondary Responsibilities
Responsible for rotating the freezer with bumblebees.
- Responsible for working with the Production Supervisor to manage breaking down hives and disposing of them properly.
- Support production needs as a backup in none-beekeeping related functions as needed
Your Knowledge and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with computerized inventory systems required.
- Forklift operator certification preferred.
- Standup Hilo experience preferred.
- Knowledge of working with ERP software.
Start your application online at jobs.workboxstaffing.com or call our office direct at 586-275-2986.