Quality Control Inspector
SAVANNAH, GA 31405
Description: Position will be required to perform first article, in- process, final and receiving inspections and complete accurately any required forms and documentation. Employee must be proficient in the use of height gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, CMM (touch probe and/or Faro type.). Must have machine experience.
- Understanding and ability to define and communicate (both verbally & written) non-conformances to shop personnel, vendors and customers
- Ability to interpret drawings & specs for machined parts from castings, forgings, sheet metal, and bar stock
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and tools (calipers, height gage, indicators, optical devices, micrometers, CMM, Faro Arm, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Mathematical skills such as the ability to calculate figures and amounts. It also requires the ability to apply and perform basic concepts of algebra, geometry and trig
- Self-starter and requires minimal supervision, ability to stay actively engaged in job performance
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Must have FARO ARM
- Read & interpret blueprints, specifications & other internal documents
- Inspection of all incoming material/ or completed machined parts (casting, forging, bar stock, processed material, hardware, etc) to verify it s conformance to the requirements of all applicable documents
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Report inspection results per completion and maintenance of Inspection records/documents
- Use of inspection equipment such as gages/tooling to inspect product
- Calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment.