Quality Control Inspection (QCI) Technician, $15- depending on experience, Walker
A local Grand Rapids Area, MI manufacturer of high performance metal, composite, and ceramic-composite components for military and commercial applications is actively seeking a Quality Control Technician to work 1st Shift. The 1st Shift is Monday - Thursday from 6: 00 am - 3: 00 pm and on Fridays from 6: 00 am - 2: 00 pm. Every other Friday is scheduled off.
Quality Control Inspection Technician performs First Article, PPAP and Incoming inspections using Coordinate Measurement Systems such as FARO Arm and other TMDE to establish conformity of product and to provide Quality Assurance support to Product Teams. Perform inspections and create inspection reports on tooling, first articles, and parts requiring inspection on inspection plans.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Process Ownership-Ties to Goals and Objectives)
- On Time completion of First Article and/or PPAP Dimensional Analysis to the Customer and PNA milestones.
- Maintain Incoming Inspection Daily to prevent production downtime
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Required Tasks)
- Coordinate Measuring Machine QC Inspection:
- Develops and creates new FARO programs for measuring components. Modify programs if needed.
- FARO Inspection of tooling for acceptance (if applicable)
- FARO First Article Inspections (FAI) of PNA products
- Ensures parts conform to customer and/or PNA quality standards.
Incoming QC Inspection:
- Prepare, execute, and maintain Incoming inspection records, forms, reports, tags, quality record files, etc. As required.
- Perform Incoming Inspection using Sampling Plans
- Maintain Incoming Inspection Sampling Plan based on Supplier Product Performance.
- Initiation of Supplier Corrective Actions and follow up with Suppliers investigation of cause(s) and corrective action of non-conformances.
- Data collection and analysis in support of quality improvement, corrective and preventive action.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILL SET (Required Skills)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in mechanical inspection.
- Familiar with Model-Based GD&T Inspection technology and all-new computer-aided inspection.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings, models, specifications and standards.
- Knows how to interpret cosmetic and workmanship standards when conducting visual inspection.
- Understanding of AQL sampling plans (Z 1.4 or other).
- Must be able to perform complex surface plate setups.
- Must be able to perform component inspection using basic TMDE (Digital Calipers, Micrometers, etc.).
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
No cell phones allowed on plant floor.
Drinks are ok in a sealed container, but no food on plant floor.
Do not leave building during shift, we have a refrigerator and a snack/drink machine (bring a lunch).
No shorts or tank tops.
Must wear safety shoes (Safety toe) and safety glasses at all times when on plant floor.
Job Order #: 165262