Quality Control 2nd shift, $13.50/hr- Walker, MI
Walker, MI 49534
A local Grand Rapids Area, MI manufacturer of high performance metal, composite, and ceramic-composite components for military and commercial applications is actively seeking a Quality Control Inspector to work 2nd shift Every other Friday is scheduled off.
- Perform and document required inspections
- Interpret results for product disposition
- Maintain appropriate certifications, safety requirements, and required equipment maintenance and calibration
- Follow and maintain Nonconforming Product process and procedures
- Perform receiving, in-process, and final inspection on product
- Ensure that non-conforming product is properly identified and quarantined
- Use and understand QMS procedures, product specifications, product drawings and all necessary information to perform inspections on manufactured products
- Ensure ERP has been updated with product and quality related information
- Assist with quality management system activities as directed
- Follow all safety rules and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum two years manufacturing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with Engineering documentation, including weld callouts, print tolerances and basic GD& T
- Possesses practical working knowledge of both mechanical and electronic measurement tools (micrometers, dial calipers)
- Able to operate all in-process and final inspection testing apparatus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Time split between sitting and standing work. Works at a desk and a computer screen for extended periods of time. Employee must be able to manually enter data to the computer system and understand the screen and images that appear. Constant use of hands/fingers to handle and control tools. Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 80 pounds. Frequent bending, squatting, and stooping. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing this job, the employee is commonly exposed to noise, heat, and dust. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals. PPE is required in this area.
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
- No cell phones allowed on plant floor.
- Drinks are ok in a sealed container, but no food on plant floor.
- Do not leave building during shift, we have a refrigerator and a snack/drink machine (bring a lunch).
- No shorts or tank tops.
- Must wear safety shoes (Safety toe) and safety glasses at all times when on plant floor.
Job Order #: 174864