QPT - Quality Process Technician $13.23 to start!!
Holland, MI 49423
Position: Quality Process Technician
Reports to: Final Auditor/ Supervisor
Safety Responsibilities: Operate at all times in a manner compliant with all safety policies and requirements; Promote a safe workplace by setting examples and expectations for fellow employees to operate safely; Report all safety concerns, near misses and incidences/injuries per procedure.
Required Safety Equipment: PPE when on production floor including eye protection, closed toe and heel shoes, hearing protection (when exposed for more than 10 minutes);
Required Safety Training: Hazard Communications, Accident Reporting, Evacuation process, Safety/Housekeeping, Safety Manual review, other Safety topics as covered on New Employee First Day Orientation
Primary Function: Perform in-process inspection of production parts to assess conformance to customer requirements using sampling methods, process monitoring, control charts, and correct data recording.
1. Inspect parts for product acceptability using in-process inspection forms, customer complaint/concern data, and part history information. Verify part print and control plan paperwork to appropriate current revision levels.
2. Read blueprints and use precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, indicators, comparators, profilometers, functional gages, etc., in accordance with inspection paperwork. Verify calibration is up to date for inspection and measuring tools.
3. Calculate capability studies and record Cpk on appropriate chart. When specified, chart dimensions and administer statistical process control charting techniques.
4. Transfer parts to lot containers, and attach work-in-process labels.
5. Isolate and report all non-conforming products.
6. Verify all 1st piece approval paperwork for any new job beginning on his/her shift.
7. Use Engineering Change Request forms to initiate inspection changes when appropriate.
8. Keep inspection benches in a neat/organized manner. Prepare boxes, liners, etc. for next shift.
9. Maintain a safe work environment.
10. Communicate with on-coming shift and report any quality issues concerns.
11. Other duties as required.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Understands and speaks English fluently.
2. Adequate math skills.
3. Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
4. Experience using precision measuring instruments.
5. Good organizational/interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to work independently as well as in a team effort.
7. Able to read blue prints (manufacturing part prints)
8. Should be able to lift 35 lbs.
1. Two years quality control experiences.
2. Experience in a manufacturing environment.