Elkhart, IN 46514
1st shift 6 am to 3 pm $13.00
BASIC JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
The Hand Solder Assembler is responsible for after-wave production of company products by performing to IPC-A-610 standards.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / OBJECTIVES
The Hand Solder Assembler (HSA) job tasks include:
1. Following policies, procedures and work instructions in Manufacturing Process document specifications.
2. Perform work in compliance with IPC-A-610 standards.
3. Resolving discrepancies that appear in any assemblies.
4. Enter correctly completed production or labor time data on record sheets.
5. Work at established standards to ensure optimum efficiency in duties.
6. Keep the department equipment and the work area clean and safe.
7. Ensure compliance with all policies described in the Employee Handbook.
8. Complete any work assignments as determined by the General Manager.
ACCOUNTABILITY / RESPONSIBILITY
The Hand Solder Assembler reports to the General Manager. The HSA needs to be self-motivated, capable of observing discrepancies, and reporting and/or correcting them when possible. The employee must be able to properly identify components and perform quality soldering. S/he must accurately enter job and time data on the Manex record sheets. People skills are necessary to maintain harmony in the team oriented workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Hand Solder Assembler requires a high school education or equivalent, plus basic working knowledge and training about printed circuit boards through technical training or on-the-job experience. The HSA must have the ability to read and follow instructions, good people skills to perform effectively as a member of the production team. Data entry into the Manex system requires the HSA' s attentiveness to detail in accurately entering production data and logging work time. S/he must become familiar with component identification and learn progressive solder skills through company training classes. Employee must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in the English language.
Physical Activity: Employee performs duties which may requires
sitting, standing, lifting, pushing and pulling,
Physical Requirements: Employee performs work lifting up to
seventy five (75) pounds and/or a very minimum amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects.
Visual Activity: Employee performs work where it is close to eyes.