Production Support Operator – $16/hr, Canton MI
Job Summary: The Production Assistant is responsible for assistant manufacturing operations mainly in the areas of welding, stamping, and quality check as needed. Assignment and equipment may change each day and periods throughout the day, dependent on the situation.
The production support position is a floater position. You may be placed and/or moved from welding to stamping or vice versa, although it is highly likely you will stay in the same department on the same press or weld cell for the duration of your assignment. At the presses, you would start as a parts catcher. This involves preventing totes from overflowing, placing them on pallets, operating a computerized system, and informing the press operator if there is an issue with the run. Parts catcher is not a hirable position, however, if you show enough initiative and motivation, they may train you to become a press operator. In welding you will be performing the same job you would be doing if hired in. Placing parts in jig cavities, operating a computerized system, and printing labels making sure all information matches parts. Both positions involve standing on your feet for the entire shift (except breaks obviously) and cell phone use on the floor is strictly prohibited.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Production Assistant position:
- Sets parts into jigs and cycles the robot.
- Performs quality checks and records results at specified intervals.
- Resets welder, feeder, or robot as required.
- Communicates with team leader regarding issues that affect safety, productivity, or quality.
- Maintains required production efficiency, by keeping all robots in motion, quickly and effectively troubleshooting, and tote changes.
- Ensures finished product is properly packed to prevent damage to parts.
- Follows lockout process.
- Maintains clean workstation.
Job Requirements of the Production Assistant position:
- Ability to meet physical requirements which will be 25lbs regularly, frequently up to 50lbs and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret documents such as work instructions, safety procedures and operational procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to move to various departments due to production demands
Qualifications for Production Assistant position:
- Strong attention to detail.
- GED or High School diploma.
- Good communication skills.
APPLY online TODAY or call 734-284-2121 to get the process started!!