Production Operator, $15.25/hr, Belleville, MI
Weekly Pay + Benefits Offered!
Are you looking to find a company that believes in its people, provides the best resources available, rewards excellence through personal and team based results, and consistently outperforms its peers? Are you interested in a change? Are you seeking a better opportunity? Do you have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed? If you answered yes to these questions, and you are a well-qualified, hardworking, team oriented individual then look no further.
Everyone employed through with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under general supervision operates a variety of power presses to bend, cut stamp and/or form metal plates and/or sheet metal into automotive parts and assemblies.
- Follows written instructions to determine production requirements and part specifications.
- Operates presses in accordance with MIOSHA standards and Company procedures using required safety equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses, shoes ear plugs, sleeves, gloves, etc.
- Manually loads, places and/or removes metal plates and/or sheet metal into presses and inventory baskets.
- Loads coils on to the press where applicable.
- Inspects parts visually for quality defects.
- Maintains clear and accurate production, quality and inventory records by completing production reports, scrap reports and lot tags.
- Performs routine and preventative press maintenance and setup.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Assists in achieving and maintaining TS-16949 certification.
- Ability to attend to detail/diligence in both press operation and part inspection while maintaining a moderate work pace.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
**APPLY NOW or give us a call at 734-217-4417!!!**