Process Technician, 1st Shift, Wage BOE, Holland, MI
A local Holland plastics company is looking for a full-time process technician for 1st shift (7: 30 AM-3: 30 PM Mon-Fri). The Process Technician will be responsible for setting up, start-up, troubleshooting and maintaining process controls on all equipment as well as automation processes. This position may require supervisory responsibilities when needed.
- Visually and physically inspect parts for defects; adjust process to ensure parts conform to quality standards
- Follow production schedule to maximize uptime
- Insures priorities and sequences for manufacturing products are followed.
- Seeks methods to improve standard operational and working practices.
- Ensure all work cells are correct after mold changes
- Start-up processes after mold changes
- Performs process changes as necessary
- Analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot molding processes and problems
- Maintain setup sheets and record changes and problems that are encountered.
- Program 3-axis robots; install or build end of arm tooling as needed
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment.
- Ability to communicate root cause issues and actions being implemented
Functions & Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and Associate s Degree in related field, technical training or equivalent education and training
- 2+ years experience in a process technician environment preferred
- Familiar with Nissei, Toshiba and Yushin preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining quality and safety standards
- Work weekends and overtime, as required
- Possess basic math, measuring, and computer skills required
- Be an excellent performer; deliver high quality results consistently
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and a positive attitude
- Be able to work well with and motivate a team
- Have great attendance and punctuality
Job Order#: 160789