Plant & Maintenance Technician
Muskegon, MI 49444
Job Summary: A Muskegon Company that offers complete metal part-making capabilities for a variety of industries; supplying laser-cut parts for low volume needs & stamped parts for high-volume programs with complete in-house tool making capabilities is looking for a qualified Plant & Machine Maintenance Repair Technician. The candidate will be performing the following duties, but may be required to assist in other areas when needed; install, maintain, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures and pipe and electrical system by performing required daily duties.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities of Plant & Maintenance Repair Technician:
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery per schedule
- Maintain records of plant and completed maintenance
- Visually inspect and test machines and equipment, as well as listen for unusual sounds from machine or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss operation variations with supervisor or maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- Install and repair automated machinery and equipment such as robots or controller
- Set up, operate machine tool such as lathe, grinders, drills and milling machine to repair; also operate welding equipment
Job Requirements of Plant & Maintenance Repair Technician:
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos; along with having the ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must have the ability to present information to one or more individuals.
- Must be able to interpret math problems, having the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure. Will be required to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must use common sense to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral or diagram form.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, and ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be comfortable and confident working alone as well as in a team environment.
- Must feel comfortable lifting between 10-50 pounds consistently throughout the shift; the required weight will depend on which job the candidate is working on each day.
- Must have the ability to be very dependable with excellent attendance
Qualifications of the Plant & Maintenance Repair Technician:
- Four years related experience and/or training or equiv. Combination of education and experience
- GED or H.S. Diploma required
- Understanding of wiring logic is required
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team based environment
Job Order #: 92515