Pay Range: $13.00 Reports to: Painter - Team Lead
Location: Greenville, SC
Employment Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Painter is responsible for applying paint to signage parts/materials with polyurethane and/or epoxy single stage paints using HVLP sprayers to meet work order specifications.
1. Read, interpret and follow work order instructions, including engineering drawings and blueprints.
2. Measure and mix various of paint components to balance and acquire the corresponding shade required.
3. Prepare sign surfaces, parts and materials by cleaning, sanding and doing light body work.
4. Spray paint signage parts and materials with polyurethane and/or epoxy single stage paints using HVLP sprayers.
5. Use wet/dry film thickness gauges to measure the thickness of coatings.
6. Paint intricate surfaces and small/ large parts, sometimes using a ladder or walk board.
7. Ensure painted products do not have any runs, sags, debris or other defects while applying coats in uniform mil thickness.
8. Adjust, clean, inspect and repair a HVLP gun to keep in optimum performance.
9. Inspect product before, during and after paint process to ensure specifications and quality are being met.
10. Keep the manufacturing area and paint booths clean and clear.