Packaging / Inspecting
Taylor, MI 48180
This position plays a critical role in ensuring that the customer receives a great looking product and that the company s shipments are sent with the proper labeling and accurate inventory inside the package. This position is tasked with wrapping and sealing the shipment and ensuring that the package is tagged correctly, along with being marked by weight and time-stamped. The packing team is one of the last lines of defense before the customer sees their product, so all products must be packed not only correctly, but uphold the quality of the product, always thinking of the end customer.
Everyone employed at Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
- Follow GMP guidelines as they pertain to the position and maintain a high level of sanitation
- Arrange the baked product in the order in which it will be packed in
- Ensure the packing machine is setup and ready
- Check what product is pending to be packed for the orders in production and the proofer
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Perform other related duties as requested and assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others
- Must have an eye for detail
- Must have the ability to follow directions and company procedures
- Must have the ability to work in a team setting to meet company and individual goals
Physical requirements include the ability to lift and push 50 pounds continuously and tolerate various temperatures in the work environment that ranges from 40-110 degrees. Requires standing, twisting, walking, repetitive wrist movement and standing for duration of shift. Also must be able to withstand exposure to food allergens and noise.
BENEFITS WHEN HIRED IN:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Job ID: 194143