Taylor, MI 48180
We are seeking a hardworking reliable Overhead Crane Operator to join a locally owned, growing company eager to invest in the right candidate. This is a quality steel processing center that provides pickling, slitting, and blanking services to the flat rolled steel market. This company is equipped with state of the art pickle lines are furnished with Tension Levelers. Their pickle lines also have top and bottom side automated surface inspection systems, fully automated gauge and width profiling, and pre-wash and coating systems. Operating 7 days a week, 24 hours a day; serving the automotive, steel distribution, and tubing and appliance industries. In this position you will have the opportunity to learn how the critical role of the Production Worker performs to ensure that production at this growing company stays on schedule.
This temporary to hire in position offers overtime and advancement opportunities. Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Functions and Requirements:
- Must have previous Overhead Crane experience
- Must have a steel background
- Positions loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, banding gun or bucket.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load
- Manipulates or depresses equipment controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions
- Cleans and maintains area and hoisting mechanism
- Working in a warehouse facility within OSHA guidelines; conditions may be heated and/or unheated, dusty and noisy; steel-toed boots required daily.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 35 pounds
- Ability to effectively read and use a tape measure, caliper, and micrometer
- Mechanical comprehension
- Ability to stand, walk or be mobile for up to eight hours per shift
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Must have previous manufacturing experience
- Familiar with the use of various measuring tools (tape measure)
- Must have good mathematical and grammatical skills
- Must have basic computer skills (not the same as using a smart phone)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping
Order ID: 175405