Mold Processing Technician
Muskegon, MI 49442
Job Summary: A local Muskegon company who manufactures in the automotive industry is looking for a qualified candidate to fill a Mold Process Technician on 2nd and on 3rd Shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Mold Process Technician position:
- Record start and stop of jobs
- Monitor that running process is running according to Machine Plastic Set-up Sheet/Machine Process Monitor Log.
- Monitor and react to the tracker System for rate and scrap.
- Report deviation to a standard or process and then institute the root cause for the deviation.
- Notify Manufacturing Engineer of problems with equipment maintenance and follow appropriate system procedures.
- Make recommendations to Molding Manager for continuous improvement.
- Maintain mold, machine, and material capabilities
- Meet with Cell Leader and Molding Process Technician from the previous shift and current Die Setter and Material Handler 30 minutes prior to the start of shift to discuss rate, quality, equipment problems, priorities, department and shift performance, rework and other issues pertinent to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Molding Department.
- At least once every two hours review each assigned work center for quality, scrap percentage, rate and work center organization.
- Print and use Tracker shift report for each review. For any scrap rates that are not within the standard, list the corrective action by the specific work center.
Job Requirements of Mold Process Technician position:
- Prior experience as Molding Process Engineer.
- Prior experience or training in injection molding processes.
- Basic knowledge, training, or experience with machine maintenance and preventative maintenance programs.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Lifting boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent bending or twisting.
- Ability to use hand and power tools as needed.
- Standing for 8 hours, possibly 12 hours per day.
- Ability to operate an overhead crane.
Job Order #: 126080