Taylor, MI 48180
Workbox Staffing is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Material Handlers to work in the Romulus area. The qualified candidate can pass a background check test and 5-panel drug test. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a ' can-do' attitude and will prefer to work in a team environment.
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and overtime/advancement opportunities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Heavy lifting and warehouse is hot.
- Pieces (or cartons) may be picked up from heights ranging from as low as sitting on the ground to shoulder height.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Transfers materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets and transports orders to packing station or shipping department or directly to trucks.
- Load and unload Company shipments safely and without damage.
- Restock products as needed.
- Pull customer orders promptly and accurately for packaging and shipment.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the warehouse and yard grounds.
- Conduct physical inventory counts.
- Complete all paperwork in a clean and legible manner. (English Required)
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting equipment.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
- Reaching for box from the ground, raising to waist height, 50lbs, at a minimum rate of 70 times an hour.
- Reaching for box from shoulder height, lowering to waist height, 50lbs, at a minimum of 70 times an hour.
- Truncated movement from left to right picking up box and lowering again, 50lbs, at a minimum of 70 times an hour.
- Truncated movement from right to left picking up box and lowering again, 50lbs, at a minimum of 70 times an hour
Job ID: 193738