Livonia, MI 48150
We are seeking a hardworking reliable Material Handler to join a growing company eager to invest in the right candidate. In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn how critical the role of the Material Handler position is to ensuring that the production at this growing company stays on schedule. This is a temporary to hire position that has a pay increase to $29, 000-$31, 000/year.
Everyone employed at Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
- Proactively develops and/or follows process and process parameters for concept or advance development
- Runs trials as scheduled by supervision, follows daily schedule.
- Set up, operate, clean, and maintain application and processing equipment as required.
- Works closely with the design and formulation group in the manufacturing of leather to meet customer
specifications and internal advance concepts.
- Follows standard operating procedures related to leather manufacturing.
- Maintains and generates records as required for leather manufacturing, quality inspections, safety, product
approvals, inventory, maintenance, housekeeping, etc.
- Meet or exceed quality expectations in record keeping, cutting leather, shipping, receiving and packaging.
- Assist with general production activities as needed
- Prior experience in an industrial or R&D work environment is a plus.
- Ability to learn equipment setup, operation, maintenance and cleaning.
- Ability to perform simple math equations.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner to all levels of the organization; including management, manufacturing, customers, and outside parties.
- Lifting from 2-50 pounds
- Standing for 8-10 hours a day
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Must possess strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to support/explain the reasoning for decisions
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
- Proficiency in basic computer/cell phone usage (Email, Word, Excel, and PDF' s)